If I haven't set out these nutty treats at a holiday gathering, family and friends are sure to notice—and to ask where my bars are! They travel well to potluck dinners. —Gloria Siddiqui, Houston, Texas
Recommended: 57 Bake Sale Recipes That’ll Earn Big Bucks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups finely ground walnuts
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar. Beat in butter and egg yolks. Press into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in the walnuts, sugar and vanilla. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 300° for 55-60 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Sugar-Topped Walnut Bars in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p122