Sugar-Topped Mocha Cupcakes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold brewed coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat 1-1/2 cups sugar, oil, vinegar and vanilla until well blended. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture until blended. Stir in coffee.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle half of the mixture over batter. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Immediately sprinkle remaining cinnamon-sugar over cupcakes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Sugar-Topped Mocha Cupcakes(8)
Sort By :
We're sorry if you are disappointed in this recipe. Brewed coffee is often added to chocolate cake batter to enhance the chocolate flavor and help give the cake a moist texture but not necessarily a coffee flavor. We apologize if the title is misleading.
Country Woman Test Kitchen
Might want to try instant espresso (2tbsp) and 2 cups water. brewed coffee will be too weak
P.S. The coffee flavor does not come through when baked.
Very moist but recipe is in dire need of flavor assistance.
I took these to a family get-together and everyone wanted the recipe! A moist texture and not over-the-top sweetness makes these particularly nice! Thanks for sharing!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >