A favorite cookie to send to troops overseas, these soft sugar cookies ship well and taste great! —Susan Whetzel, Pearisburg, Virginia
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Decorating icing and/or colored sugars
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2- to 3-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugars as desired.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate with icing and additional sugars if desired. Yield: 10 dozen.
Originally published as Sugar Star & Flag Cookies in Taste of Home
Reviews for Sugar Star & Flag Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review