Sugar Spiced Almonds
"These zippy almonds are spicy yet sweet, and once you start eating them, you can't stop," says Sherri Jackson of Chillicothe, Ohio.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups unblanched whole almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add almonds; toss
- to coat. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 250° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring
- occasionally. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 533 calories, 44 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 16 g protein.