"These zippy almonds are spicy yet sweet, and once you start eating them, you can't stop," says Sherri Jackson of Chillicothe, Ohio.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups unblanched whole almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add almonds; toss to coat. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 250° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Sugar Spiced Almonds in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p45
Reviews for Sugar Spiced Almonds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review