- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups unblanched whole almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add almonds; toss to coat. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 250° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Sugar Spiced Almonds
Sort By :
"I have made this several times. I love them, as does everyone who has tried them!"
"I followed the recipe exactly and the were awful. What a waste of nuts. I found another recipe similar to this on another site that uses honey. I'm going to try and save the almonds."
"I have made this every year around Christmas since the recipe came out in TOH. My family and friends look forward to a gift bag with these. It is a great combination of sweet and spicy. It can be made with Splenda for diabetics."
"This one has become a standard on my table when entertaining. Makes a great gift too!"