- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups unblanched whole almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add almonds; toss to coat. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 250° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Sugar Spiced Almonds(4)
Sort By :
I have made this several times. I love them, as does everyone who has tried them!
I followed the recipe exactly and the were awful. What a waste of nuts. I found another recipe similar to this on another site that uses honey. I'm going to try and save the almonds.
I have made this every year around Christmas since the recipe came out in TOH. My family and friends look forward to a gift bag with these. It is a great combination of sweet and spicy. It can be made with Splenda for diabetics.
This one has become a standard on my table when entertaining. Makes a great gift too!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Nut Snacks >
- Salty Snacks >