Sugar Snap Pea Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, saute the peas in canola oil until crisp-tender. Add the garlic, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and cayenne; saute 1 minute longer. Add basil; toss to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 60 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Sugar Snap Pea Stir-Fry
"This is a great way to use stuff fresh out of the garden. I wouldn't change a thing. Even my husband who says he doesn't like peas likes this."
"I made this recipe and i thought it was excellent and so did the rest of the family . Thanks for this recipe Clairecjr3310@comcast.net"