Sugar Snap Pea Stir-Fry
Fresh ginger, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil provide a nice blend of flavors in this Asian-inspired recipe for fresh sugar snap peas. This quick-to-cook recipe will complement most any spring entree be it ham, lamb, chicken or fish. Best of all, it's easy to double for large crowds.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, saute the peas in canola oil
- until crisp-tender. Add the garlic, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce,
- sesame oil and cayenne; saute 1 minute longer. Add basil; toss to
- combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 60 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.