- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for 1 minute. Gradually add 1 cup sugar; beat 1 minute longer or until thickened. Stir in the almonds, coconut, dates and extracts. Transfer to an ungreased 11-in x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until browned and a thermometer reads 160°. Remove from the oven; stir. Let stand for 6-8 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining sugar. Cool completely on waxed paper. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Sugar Plums in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p21
Reviews for Sugar Plums
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review