Be generous like Scrooge was as a changed man at the end of Charles Dickens', A Christmas Carol, and share the bounty of your kitchen with friends and neighbors. This recipe makes four kringles, so you'll have three to give and one to keep. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup plum jam, divided
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 8 teaspoons finely chopped walnuts or pecans, divided
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place flour in a large bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in sour cream. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion into a 12-in. x 6-in. rectangle. (Keep remaining dough refrigerated until ready to use.) Spread 3 tablespoons jam lengthwise down the center. Fold in sides of pastry to meet in the center; pinch seam to seal. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon each nuts and orange peel. Repeat. Place on two ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over warm pastries. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and remaining nuts; sprinkle over warm pastries. Yield: 4 pastries (6 slices each).
Originally published as Sugar Plum Kringles in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p167
Reviews for Sugar Plum Kringles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review