- 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out
- clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack
- to cool completely.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a
- very small tip. Fill with jam. Push the tip through the top to fill
- each cupcake.
- For frosting, combine the sugar, egg whites, water and cream of
- tartar in a large heavy saucepan over low heat. With a hand mixer,
- beat on low speed for 1 minute. Continue beating on low over low
- heat until frosting reaches 160°, about 8-10 minutes. Pour into
- a large bowl; add vanilla. Beat on high until stiff peaks form,
- about 7 minutes.
- Pipe frosting over cupcakes; sprinkle with glitter and coarse sugar.
- Yield: 18 cupcakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cupcake equals 262 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.