Sugar Plum Cake Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) strained plum baby food
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 jar (4 ounces) strained plum-apple baby food
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, baby food, oil and eggs until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon and cloves; gradually beat into plum mixture until blended. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over top and sides of cake. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 piece: 280 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Sugar Plum Cake
"My family thought this was an excellent Christmas cake and especially liked the flavor of the glaze."