- 2 cups sugar
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) strained plum baby food
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 jar (4 ounces) strained plum-apple baby food
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, baby food, oil and eggs until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon and cloves; gradually beat into plum mixture until blended. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over top and sides of cake. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Sugar Plum Cake in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p47
Reviews for Sugar Plum Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2009
My family thought this was an excellent Christmas cake and especially liked the flavor of the glaze.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Bundt Cake Recipes >
- Cake Frosting >