Sugar N Spice Popcorn
"Our family can't get enough of this light cinnamon-sweet popcorn," offers Naomi Yoder of Leesburg, Indiana. The baked kernels are wonderfully crunchy and coated just right. Try mixing some up to have on hand as an anytime nibble.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 quarts air-popped popcorn
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place popcorn in a large roasting pan coated with cooking spray. In a
- small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add the sugar, water,
- cinnamon and salt; cook and stir over low heat until sugar is
- Pour over popcorn; toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 300° for
- 10-15 minutes. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 62 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.