Sugar N Spice Muffins
These sugar-and-spice treats are so tasty! The moist streusel-topped muffins are perfect for parties or nibbling with a hot cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Set
- aside 1/2 cup for topping. Add baking soda, cinnamon and cloves to
- the remaining crumb mixture. Stir in buttermilk and egg just until
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle
- with reserved topping. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a
- toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 256 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.