This old-fashioned sugar glaze gives your ham a pretty, golden-brown coating just like Grandma used to make. The mustard and vinegar complement the brown sugar and add tangy flavor. Be prepared to serve seconds! —Carol Strong Battle Heathville, Virginia
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Score ham about 1/2-in. deep with a sharp knife. Place ham on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and enough vinegar to make a thick paste. During the last hour of baking, brush glaze on ham every 15 minutes. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Originally published as Sugar-Glazed Ham in Taste of Home April/May 1993, p31
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sugar-Glazed Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review