Sugar-Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Score ham about 1/2-in. deep with a sharp knife. Place ham on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and enough vinegar to make a thick paste. During the last hour of baking, brush glaze on ham every 15 minutes. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sugar-Glazed Ham
Sort By :
"Love this glaze for ham. We're big vinegar fans. I add a can of drained peaches because we like peaches with our ham."
"This is my go to recipe for ham. It is simple but tastes amazing. If the ham comes with a glaze packet, I throw it out and use this recipe."
"great taste I used white vinegar and it worked perfect. Very very delicious my family enjoyed it tonight."
"This was delicious...and I used the bone later and made split pea soup in the crock pot...it was wonderful..."
"I made this for Easter, and it was absolutely delicious! Sweet and tangy both, but not overpowering. I'm not even a huge ham lover, but I really enjoyed it. The ham was also delicious served cold the next day. A keeper!"