Sugar-Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Score ham about 1/2-in. deep with a sharp knife. Place ham on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and enough vinegar to make a thick paste. During the last hour of baking, brush glaze on ham every 15 minutes. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sugar-Glazed Ham
Sort By :
Love this glaze for ham. We're big vinegar fans. I add a can of drained peaches because we like peaches with our ham.
This is my go to recipe for ham. It is simple but tastes amazing. If the ham comes with a glaze packet, I throw it out and use this recipe.
great taste I used white vinegar and it worked perfect. Very very delicious my family enjoyed it tonight.
This was delicious...and I used the bone later and made split pea soup in the crock pot...it was wonderful...
I made this for Easter, and it was absolutely delicious! Sweet and tangy both, but not overpowering. I'm not even a huge ham lover, but I really enjoyed it. The ham was also delicious served cold the next day. A keeper!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Ham Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Ham Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Glazed Ham Recipes >