Sugar-Free Strawberry Jam Recipe
"My husband has been a diabetic for almost 20 years and is very careful about what he eats," explains Rita Christ of Wauwautosa, Wisconsin. "He was tired of eating the flavorless jams and jellies for diabetics in the grocery store, so I came up with this recipe. With its fresh flavor, it makes a nice gift."
- 3/4 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup mashed fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a saucepan, bring soda to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in strawberries and lemon juice. Pour into jars or plastic containers; cover and refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Do not freeze. Yield: 28 servings.
One serving (1 tablespoon) equals 4 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Free Food.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC