"My husband has been a diabetic for almost 20 years and is very careful about what he eats," explains Rita Christ of Wauwautosa, Wisconsin. "He was tired of eating the flavorless jams and jellies for diabetics in the grocery store, so I came up with this recipe. With its fresh flavor, it makes a nice gift."
- 3/4 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup mashed fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a saucepan, bring soda to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in strawberries and lemon juice. Pour into jars or plastic containers; cover and refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Do not freeze. Yield: 28 servings.
Originally published as Sugar-Free Strawberry Jam in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p44
Reviews for Sugar-Free Strawberry Jam
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2010
"Any thoughts on canning this jam? I noted the recipe's caution against freezing, but no mention of canning."