Sugar-Free Spiced Pecans
“My mother makes these and they’re fantastic," writes Audrey Stewart of Forest Hill, Maryland. "If you arrive at her house late, there might not be any left!”
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg white
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat egg white until frothy. Add pecans; stir gently
- to coat. Combine the sugar substitute, cinnamon and salt; add to nut
- mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Spread into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking
- spray. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20 minutes or until lightly
- browned, stirring once. Cool completely. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 161 calories, 16 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.