Notes Brenda Wile of Winesburg, Ohio, "Mom made batch after batch of cookies until she came up with this recipe to satisfy my diabetic brother's sweet tooth. We all like these soft cookies."
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded peeled tart apple
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Artificial brown sugar sweetener equivalent to 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- In a bowl, combine margarine, sour cream, apple, eggs, maple flavoring and vanilla. Combine flour, sweetener, baking soda and baking powder; add to apple mixture and mix well.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container. Yield: 42 cookies.
Originally published as Sugar-Free Maple Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p17
Reviews for Sugar-Free Maple Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review