Sugar-Free Holiday Nog
"I developed this delicious recipe for my diabetic mother," explains Nancy Schickling of Bedford, Virginia.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 7 cups fat-free milk, divided
- 1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or rum extract
- 2 to 4 packets sugar substitute
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- Combine pudding mix, 2 cups of milk, vanilla and sugar substitute in
- a bowl; mix according to pudding directions. Pour into a half-gallon
- container with a tight-fitting lid. Add 3 cups of milk; shake well.
- Add evaporated milk and shake. Add remaining milk; shake well.
- Chill. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 107 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 1/4 starch.