Sugar-Free Cranberry Gelatin Salad
"We don't miss the sugar in this cool, tart and tangy gelatin salad," writes Janet Davis of Atkinson, Nebraska. "It's my family's favorite, especially at the holidays because of its festive color. Walnuts and celery adds a delightful crunch."
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine cranberries and apple juice
- concentrate; cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 6 to
- 7-1/2 minutes or until most of the berries have popped. Immediately
- stir in gelatin powder until dissolved. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Add
- remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour into a 2-qt. ring mold coated
- with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. Unmold
- onto a serving plate just before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 115 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.