"We don't miss the sugar in this cool, tart and tangy gelatin salad," writes Janet Davis of Atkinson, Nebraska. "It's my family's favorite, especially at the holidays because of its festive color. Walnuts and celery adds a delightful crunch."
Recommended: 50 Vintage Desserts Worth Trying Today
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine cranberries and apple juice concentrate; cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 6 to
- 7-1/2 minutes or until most of the berries have popped. Immediately stir in gelatin powder until dissolved. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour into a 2-qt. ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. Unmold onto a serving plate just before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Gelatin Salad in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p46
Reviews for Sugar-Free Cranberry Gelatin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review