Sugar-Free Cocoa Mix with Cinnamon Recipe
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup fat-free powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to six months. Yield: 2-3/4 cups (about 8 servings).
- 2. To prepare hot cocoa: Dissolve 1/3 cup mix in 1 cup boiling water; stir well. Yield: 1 serving.
1 cup: 101 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Sugar-Free Cocoa Mix with Cinnamon
"Knowing this is so low in fat and sugar makes this mix especially delicious. I add a couple Tbsps of Sugar-Free Toasted Marshmellow coffee syrup to sweeten it up a bit. Exceptional!"
"great taste,made no changes,but I did double the recipe."
"Gave 5 stars!"
"oops not baking powder baking chocolet powder"
"i did like this recipe although i did exchange the creamer for more powered milk added extra 1/4 cup baking powder and lessen the cinnamon to taste prefrence being a diabetic creamer is hard to find with out some suger in them but for most its very minor amount"
"WOW! I'm so happy to see this recipe, As a diabet it hard to fine good sounding drink recipes. I will try this as soon as I can get to the store. Merry Christmas. Cenie K : )"
"If worried about it being sugar free, could you make the mix without the powdered dairy creamer and then add sugar free liquid creamer as you make each cup?"
"Is this really sugar free? Most nondairy creamers have a first ingredient of corn syrup solids which is just another kind of sugar"
"This is great - but I found that if made in the food processor it becomes finer and mixes easier making it more like commerical product. YAH"