Sugar-free Chocolate Eclairs Recipe
Family and friends are in for a treat when you serve them these luscious eclairs. No one can even tell they're sugar free.—Dorothy Longhurst, Sandy, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- VANILLA FILLING:
- 1-1/4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup fat-free whipped topping
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once, stirring until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag; seal.
- 2. Cut a 1-in. hole in one corner of bag. Pipe eight 3-1/2-in. logs onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400°; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack. Immediately cut a slit in each to allow stream to escape; cool. Split and set the tops aside. Discard soft dough inside.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, whisk milk, vanilla and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping; set aside.
- 4. In another large bowl, whisk milk and chocolate pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spoon vanilla filling into eclairs; replace tops. Spread with chocolate topping. Yield: 8 eclairs.
One eclair equals 170 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 418 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC