Sugar-Free Apple Pie Recipe
This pie is so delicious, you can't even detect the artificial sweetener. I always get rave reviews when I bring it to church potlucks.—Teresa Garlick, Glendale, Arizona
- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 8 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Combine the first four ingredients. Line pie plate with bottom crust; add apples. Pour juice mixture over apples; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits or an apple shape in top. Place over filling; seal and flute edges. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Increase oven to 400°; bake 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving equals 337 calories, 17 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 2 fruit, 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC