- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 8 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine the first four ingredients. Line pie plate with bottom crust; add apples. Pour juice mixture over apples; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits or an apple shape in top. Place over filling; seal and flute edges. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Increase oven to 400°; bake 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sugar-Free Apple Pie
"This is my go-to apple pie recipe. I have only had rave reviews and I make this all the time. If you don't tell anyone that it's sugar free then they will never know. Add some Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla and you will satisfy everyone!"
"I made this pie for Thanksgiving since my husband has limited his sugar intake. I followed the directions exactly and it was absolutely delicious. He loved every bite. Sssh, don't tell anyone it is sugar free and they'll never know. I'm sure I will be making this again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"This pie was very good. Had compliments on it."
"Making this for second time!! It was absolutely delicious! I used Pillsbury rolled pie crusts and half Granny Smith and half Fuji apples! Adding a little agave today!!"
"Using the apple juice is a great idea . When I use just sugar substitutes the pies seem dry. This would help solve that problem."