This pie is so delicious, you can't even detect the artificial sweetener. I always get rave reviews when I bring it to church potlucks.—Teresa Garlick, Glendale, Arizona
- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 8 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine the first four ingredients. Line pie plate with bottom crust; add apples. Pour juice mixture over apples; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits or an apple shape in top. Place over filling; seal and flute edges. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Increase oven to 400°; bake 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sugar-Free Apple Pie in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p44
Reviews for Sugar-Free Apple Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review