Sugar-Free Apple Pie Recipe
- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 8 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine the first four ingredients. Line pie plate with bottom crust; add apples. Pour juice mixture over apples; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits or an apple shape in top. Place over filling; seal and flute edges. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Increase oven to 400°; bake 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sugar-Free Apple Pie(5)
Sort By :
This pie was very good. Had compliments on it.
Making this for second time!! It was absolutely delicious! I used Pillsbury rolled pie crusts and half Granny Smith and half Fuji apples! Adding a little agave today!!
Using the apple juice is a great idea . When I use just sugar substitutes the pies seem dry. This would help solve that problem.
I made this pie for my familys Thanksgiving feast. No one in the group even knew that this was a diabetic apple pie. I did make one small flavor change. I used cranberry apple juice concentrate instead of just apple juice concentrate. It gave the pie a really nice added flavor. This pie was even great the next day.
My husband is an Apple Pie expert and he could not tell that it was not made with real sugar.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >