Sugar-Dusted Blueberry Muffins Recipe
In Lynden, Washington, Janis Plagerman tops her fruity golden-brown muffins with cinnamon and sugar for a tasty treat anytime of day.
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the oats and orange juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in egg and oil until blended. Combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; stir into oat mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 muffin equals 216 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Sugar-Dusted Blueberry Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC