- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine the oats and orange juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in egg and oil until blended. Combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; stir into oat mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
Originally published as Sugar-Dusted Blueberry Muffins in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 13
Reviews for Sugar-Dusted Blueberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 23, 2013
"good breakfast muffins spread whit butter."
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2009
"Very tasty! Will definitely be making them again soon!"
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2008
"I just made these muffins for the first time. The taste is surpreme. Very nice, sweet and moist all at the same time.Will be definately making these again."