- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness.
- Cut with a 3-in. bird-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on
- greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until
- set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, combine the shortening, confectioners'
- sugar, milk, extracts and enough water to achieve spreading
- Frost cookies. Arrange almonds over the bodies and walnuts over the
- heads. Add chocolate chip eyes. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 145 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.