- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out
- dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-in. bird-shaped cookie
- cutter. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 7-9 minutes
- or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, combine shortening, confectioners'
- sugar, milk, extracts and enough water to achieve spreading
- Frost cookies. Arrange almonds over the bodies and walnuts over the
- heads. Add chocolate chip eyes. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 145 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.