Sugar Diamonds Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover dough with plastic wrap and press evenly into pan; remove wrap.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat egg white until foamy; brush over dough. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 4. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 1-1/2-in. diamond shapes while warm. Yield: about 6 dozen.
2 each: 105 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Sugar Diamonds
"These are wonderful! I have searched for this recipe for a long time. It's a Dutch recipe and in Holland would be called "Jan Hagel Cookies"."