Sugar Diamonds Recipe
Admits Gladys De Boer, field editor from Castleford, Idaho, "I don't have patience for decorating, so I look for tasty recipes with interesting shapes and textures, like this cookie."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover dough with plastic wrap and press evenly into pan; remove wrap.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat egg white until foamy; brush over dough. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 4. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 1-1/2-in. diamond shapes while warm. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 105 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Sugar Diamonds
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC