- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Spoon into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover dough with plastic wrap and press evenly into pan; remove wrap.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white until foamy; brush over dough. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 300° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 1-1/2-in. diamond shapes while warm. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Sugar Diamonds in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p12
Reviews for Sugar Diamonds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2011
"These are wonderful! I have searched for this recipe for a long time. It's a Dutch recipe and in Holland would be called "Jan Hagel Cookies"."