- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Spoon into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover dough with plastic wrap and press evenly into pan; remove wrap.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white until foamy; brush over dough. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 300° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 1-1/2-in. diamond shapes while warm. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Sugar Diamonds
Sort By :
"These are wonderful! I have searched for this recipe for a long time. It's a Dutch recipe and in Holland would be called "Jan Hagel Cookies"."
"Easy and yummy. Needed 10 extra minutes to crisp up. This is going straight to the Christmas Cookie hall of fame. Thanks for sharing!"