- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450°. Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice.
- Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until light brown. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 375°.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Transfer to crust; sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack; refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sugar Cream Pie
Sort By :
"This is good, but it's better with brown sugar and whipping cr?me (instead of milk). Yumyum!!"
"I made this tonight, My husband and I thought it was fantastic!"
"Wondering what this would taste like with toasted coconut and pecans on top"
"I bet this would taste great with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg!!! Can't wait to try it!!"
"This is like the Milk Tart, here in South Africa"