- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450°. Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice.
- Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until light brown. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 375°.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Transfer to crust; sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack; refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sugar Cream Pie
Sort By :
This was my first sugar cream pie. I have nothing to compare it to. It was excellent!!! It is a sweet pie but that's why it has "sugar" in the name so sweetness was expected. I was worried it wouldn't firm up enough but it did as it cooled. It was soft, sweet, and creamy. Really nice recipe.