- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Additional sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in sugar. Place on greased baking sheet; flatten with a glass. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Sugar Cookies
Sort By :
"Loved these. Very addicting flavor. However, I only got 24 using my medium P.Chef cookie scoop. I gently used the palm of my hand to press them down slightly. They came out awesome."
"This will be my go to sugar cookie. Can't wait to start playing around with it."
"too greasy , use 1 cup butter instead and shine shortening"
"I love these!!! They remind me of being a kid. however if you're looking for five dozen cookies this recipe only made about thirty"
"I liked this recipe. I made a review on my blog!https://meilizlewis.wordpress.com/2015/04/09/sugar-cookies-recipe/"