- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Additional sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in sugar. Place on greased baking sheet; flatten with a glass. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Sugar Cookies
Sort By :
"I just made these and they not only turned out great, but they made the 5 dozen that everyone is complaining it does not make. You have to follow the directions and actually make 1in balls, 1 in is pretty small...so therefore the cookies are smaller than normal drop cookies. Favorite sugar cookie recipe for sure! Like I said, follow the instructions and you will get your 5 dozen...but if you like your cookies bigger, you will only get 3 dozen or so. Either way, flavor and texture are fantastic!"
"Loved these. Very addicting flavor. However, I only got 24 using my medium P.Chef cookie scoop. I gently used the palm of my hand to press them down slightly. They came out awesome."
"This will be my go to sugar cookie. Can't wait to start playing around with it."
"too greasy , use 1 cup butter instead and shine shortening"
"I love these!!! They remind me of being a kid. however if you're looking for five dozen cookies this recipe only made about thirty"