- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Additional sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in sugar. Place on greased baking sheet; flatten with a glass. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Sugar Cookies
Sort By :
"This will be my go to sugar cookie. Can't wait to start playing around with it."
"too greasy , use 1 cup butter instead and shine shortening"
"I love these!!! They remind me of being a kid. however if you're looking for five dozen cookies this recipe only made about thirty"
"I liked this recipe. I made a review on my blog!https://meilizlewis.wordpress.com/2015/04/09/sugar-cookies-recipe/"
"These are good but not the soft sugar cookie I'm looking for. I did remove them from the oven at 9 minutes and they were slightly crunchy on the outside and somewhat chewy on the inside. I also got 55 good sized cookies."