Sugar Cookies with Sour Cream Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition (dough will be sticky). Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut into desired shapes with floured cookie cutters.
- 3. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- 4. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the butter, confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Add food coloring if desired. Frost cookies. Yield: about 9 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 172 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.