Sugar Cookie Tarts Recipe
Whenever my husband and I visit family in Maryland, we all cook dinner together. Everybody offers up ways to improve recipes, and that's how this dessert came to be. Sugar cookies from the bakery make a speedy "crust." —Barb White, Ligonier, Pennsylvania
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dash salt
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 large sugar cookies (3 inches)
- Assorted fresh fruit
- 1. For glaze, in a small saucepan, whisk the first five ingredients until smooth; stir in 3 tablespoons sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Spread over cookies. Arrange fruit over top; brush or drizzle with glaze. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until cold. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sugar Cookie Tarts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC