Whenever my husband and I visit family in Maryland, we all cook dinner together. Everybody offers up ways to improve recipes, and that's how this dessert came to be. Sugar cookies from the bakery make a speedy "crust." —Barb White, Ligonier, Pennsylvania
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dash salt
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 large sugar cookies (3 inches)
- Assorted fresh fruit
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, whisk the first five ingredients until smooth; stir in 3 tablespoons sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Spread over cookies. Arrange fruit over top; brush or drizzle with glaze. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until cold. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sugar Cookie Tarts in Reminisce Extra April 2006, p 53
Reviews for Sugar Cookie Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review