Sugar Cookie Slices
I was fortunate to inherit this recipe from my husband's great-aunt. They slice nicely and are easier to make than traditional cutout sugar cookies.
30 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add
- to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two 8-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate
- for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased
- baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until set (do
- not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 165 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.