I was fortunate to inherit this recipe from my husband's great-aunt. They slice nicely and are easier to make than traditional cutout sugar cookies.
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two 8-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Sugar Cookie Slices in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p93
Reviews for Sugar Cookie Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review