- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two 8-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Sugar Cookie Slices
"These were great....easy to prepare and so tasty. I didn't use butter, I tried butter flavored crisco. They turned out very crisp. Delicious."
"Loved this recipe! These have a great taste and are easier/quicker than rolled and cut sugar cookies. The only thing I did different was to roll the logs of dough in sanding sugar for a pretty effect and I iced them with a simple powdered sugar & water glaze. My family loved them - and they were so pretty for Easter! Thanks for sharing!"
"Very good. The dough crumbles when cold; let it warm up a bit."