Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizzas Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- 12 sugar cookies (3 inches)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup chopped peeled kiwifruit
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1. For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, pineapple juice, water and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until cooled but not set.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread over tops of cookies. Arrange fruit on top; drizzle with glaze. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 198 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizzas
"I've made these and they are really good. I did make my own sugar cookies though."
"I've just used store bought dough, press in a jelly roll pan (can line with parchment paper) be sure to take a pizza cutter and run through to make pieces before cookie is cool. Then add toppings, fast, easy to lift pieces out. 5 Star"
"Such a light, refreshing flavor! Always a big hit when I make them."
"I used half the amount of topping and glaze and it was more than enough for 2 dozen cookies. Delicious!"
"This recipe was amazing! I will definitely be making these again. The glaze was a nice touch and my family loved these sugar cookie fruit pizzas. They turned out wonderfully."
"These taste amazing - However - I've found that the recipe makes well over a dozen worth of cookies. I made about 4 dozen and still had left over glaze, fruit, and topping. Also, I used a softer cookie, I thought the glaze would harden more but it didn't which made the cookies more soggy and crumbly. Next time maybe use less glaze or a harder cookie. But everyone said how great they tasted!"
"What a great idea! They are quick and easy to put together and are delicious!"
"I love fruit pizza, but hate the day after soggy crust. I wanted to smack my forehead with the heel of my hand when I saw this recipe!! Why didn't I think of individual pizzas you can make on the spot. This is a # 1 recipe. Thank you. Pam Jones"
"These cookies are AMAZING!! They take a bit of time to prep but so worth the effort plus its a super cute alternative to making one big pizza."
"The cream cheese topping on this is the best!"
"I have always made 1 large fruit pizza using refigerated sugar cookie dough. What a smart idea to make individual servings! Easy to transport and quick to put together using store-bought sugar cookies. This is on the list for Mother's Day!"