Sugar Cone Spruce Trees Recipe
I capitalized on the idea at Christmastime by sprucing up ice cream cones to fashion some frosted firs. I made these for a school Christmas party.—Carla Harris, Trenton, Tennessee
- 8 sugar ice cream cones
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Green gel food coloring
- Assorted candy decorations
- 1. Using a serrated knife, carefully score and cut ice cream cones to desired heights. In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup frosting and confectioners' sugar; tint green. Set remaining frosting aside.
- 2. Cut a hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert star tip #77. Fill with green frosting. Pipe frosting in overlapping rows over cones. Decorate with candies.
- 3. When frosting on trees is dry, spread white frosting over a large serving platter to resemble snow. Arrange trees on frosted platter. Yield: 8 trees.
1 serving (1 each) equals 320 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC