Sugar Cone Spruce Trees Recipe
I capitalized on the idea at Christmastime by sprucing up ice cream cones to fashion some frosted firs. I made these for a school Christmas party.Carla Harris, Trenton, Tennessee
- 8 sugar ice cream cones
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Green gel food coloring
- Assorted candy decorations
- Using a serrated knife, carefully score and cut ice cream cones to desired heights. In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup frosting and confectioners' sugar; tint green. Set remaining frosting aside.
- Cut a hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert star tip #77. Fill with green frosting. Pipe frosting in overlapping rows over cones. Decorate with candies.
- When frosting on trees is dry, spread white frosting over a large serving platter to resemble snow. Arrange trees on frosted platter. Yield: 8 trees.
Originally published as Sugar Cone Spruce Trees in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p40
Reviews for Sugar Cone Spruce Trees(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2009
I made these for a my gingerbread house and put them on the side of the house. Great idea! I'm also going to use this recipe for the top of a cake along with the sled idea in the picture!