- 4 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- TRIPLE-FRUIT SALSA:
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled kiwifruit
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- Place salmon in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the brown sugar, mustard, salt, cayenne and ginger; sprinkle over salmon. Top with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-23 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sugar 'n' Spice Salmon in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p27
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sugar 'n' Spice Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review