Sugar 'n' Spice Pinwheel Rolls Recipe
The family is thrilled when my grandmother, mother and I make these biscuit-like rolls. They have just the right amount of sweetness.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold butter, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons raisins, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- EGG WASH:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in 1/3 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened.
- 2. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Roll into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- 3. Combine the pecans, brown sugar, raisins, cinnamon and allspice; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side up on a greased baking sheet; press down lightly.
- 4. Beat egg yolk and milk; brush over rolls. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 215 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Sugar 'n' Spice Pinwheel Rolls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC