Sugar 'n' Spice Mixed Nuts Recipe
A crunchy, spiced seasoning nicely coats a variety of nuts in this tasty recipe. These nuts disappear whenever I set out a bowl.
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a bowl, combine the egg white and butter. Add the peanuts, walnuts, cashews, almonds, pecans and sunflower kernels. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt. Add nut mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake at 275° for 45 minutes or until toasted and crisp, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 cups.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 384 calories, 28 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC