Sugar 'N' Spice Cranberries
"My grandmother gave me the recipe for this tangy cranberry dish more than 30 years ago," says Jill Alpert of Kansas, Missouri. "It's a nice accompaniment to a traditional turkey dinner, but it also goes well with pork. I save a portion to make the cranberry gelatin salad for the next day."
28 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min. + chilling
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice or cloves
- In a Dutch oven, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until the
- cranberries pop and mixture is thickened. Cover and refrigerate
- until chilled. Yield: 7 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 115 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.