- Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll dough to
- 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- doughnuts, a few at a time, for 45 seconds on each side or until
- golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a
- food-safe plastic bag; insert a small tip. Fill bag with preserves.
- With a small knife, pierce a hole into the side of each doughnut;
- fill with preserves. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Serve warm.
- Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 filled doughnut equals 133 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.