Sue's Caramel Corn
If you’re looking for a sweet snack that’s both chewy and crunchy, try this recipe. It calls for just a handful of ingredients, so it’s a snap to prepare. And it disappears just as quickly.Sue Ross, Casa Grande, Arizona
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 18 large marshmallows
- 10 cups air-popped popcorn
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and
- marshmallows. Cook and stir until butter is melted and mixture is
- smooth. Pour over popcorn; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 250° for 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from pan
- and place on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 2-1/4 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 316 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.