Succulent Strawberry Soup
This creamy fruit soup makes a perfect summertime treat for family and friends. The strawberry base with a hint of orange appeals to all palates!
4 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Fresh mint and additional strawberries, optional
- Mash half of the strawberries with a potato masher or fork; set
- In a blender, combine remaining strawberries, water, sugar, flour and
- orange peel; process until smooth. Pour into a 2-qt. saucepan. Bring
- to a boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add mashed strawberries. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10
- minutes, stirring constantly. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Stir in cream. Cover and chill overnight. Serve with mint and
- strawberries if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 360 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 3 g protein.