Succulent Strawberry Soup Recipe
This creamy fruit soup makes a perfect summertime treat for family and friends. The strawberry base with a hint of orange appeals to all palates!
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Fresh mint and additional strawberries, optional
- 1. Mash half of the strawberries with a potato masher or fork; set aside.
- 2. In a blender, combine remaining strawberries, water, sugar, flour and orange peel; process until smooth. Pour into a 2-qt. saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add mashed strawberries. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Stir in cream. Cover and chill overnight. Serve with mint and strawberries if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 360 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 7g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Succulent Strawberry Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC